Thursday, June 28, 2007

Awesome Birthday!!!!



What a fabulous way to spend my 36th Birthday! Chris and I spent the day relaxing, walking through Ocean Grove and hanging out at the beach. I made the fruit salad and it came out beautifully. I decided not to mix in the yogurt but will probably parfait it as a dessert or breakfast.

Later, we went to Target. I picked up a pair of sports sandals. I didn’t see any in the women’s department, so I bought a size 8 men’s. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1183030264/ref=sr_1_1/601-8389595-3923343?ie=UTF8&asin=B000JNORBG
Tasha & Ed and Cassie each gave me money toward Chacos or Keens for my birthday so I’ll be doing more shoe shopping on Zappos later today.

Cassie got here in time for dinner. We prepared a yummy lobster dinner. We bought the lobster fresh from Jodi’s. I had bought some PURPLE potatoes at Delicious Orchards and guess what . . . they are purple inside! They made fun and tasty mashed potatoes. We also had corn on the cob and a mixed baby green salad with baby arugula, goat cheese, halved red grapes and a drizzle of cider vinegar and olive oil topped with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Chris made a lemon sauce with garlic infused butter and olive oil that complimented everything.

After dinner, we went to Days for ice cream and since ice cream has become a rare treat AND it was my birthday, I got two scoops on a cone: Pralines & Cream and Mocha Chocolate Chip. Cassie got “It’s a Goody” hot fudge sundae and Chris got Pralines & Cream and Belgian Chocolate in a cup with malt topping. Really, they have the best ice cream I’ve ever had. By the time we walked up to the beach, my hands and face were covered in sticky cream. It was fun.

After washing up, we played a little miniature golf at Bradley Beach. There was a heat storm or something with lots of lightening far out in the distance and the sky was really red. We got home just before the biggest thunderstorm downpour I’ve ever experienced. It was intense with almost constant rumbling thunder and flashes of lightening.

It was so wonderful spending hours with Cassie and Chris and just having fun together. Definitely one of my best birthdays so far!

No comments: