Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Farmer's Market Dinner


From June-October, my everyday meals are so much better than in the winter, thanks to the Hoboken Farmer's Market. I went yesterday, and dropped $21 in less than 5 minutes (I was parked illegally and had to rush through the first two booths and get back to my car). This is what I made for tonight's dinner:

Corn on the Cob
(steamed just enough to be hot but not "cooked")

Cherry Tomatoes
- halved and marinated with a dressing of farmer's market basil and (nonF.M.) garlic, evoo, and lemon juice).

Yukon Gold Potato, Leek and Fennel soup
(I made the stock from the trimmings off the veggies, garlic, fennel seed, peppercorn and salt). This was super easy. . . . saute sliced leeks and fennel, add sliced potatoes and vegetable broth. Cook until tender and puree in blender (I love my immersion blender for this)

Ricotta Cheese Bread
okay, this was not from the farmer's market (except for the basil) but it was homemade from scratch and so yummy. I made the ricotta myself for the first time which I am quite excited about. I made the bread in the bread machine with flour, yeast, salt, fresh basil, fresh garlic, and fresh homemade ricotta.

My plan is to make another tomato galette with the ricotta, remaining basil and nj field tomatoes in puff pastry.

I also got peppers and eggplant (perhaps ratatouille (sp) or rolatini (sp?)) and a sweet potato (Moosewood LF sweet potato and black bean burrito)

Thank you, Hoboken Farmer's Market!

No comments: