Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

What a lovely Hinnen Thanksgiving! On Tuesday after work, I went out to my dad's and stayed till after Thanksgiving dinner. My brother, Brenda, Margee Liz and Brenda's sister, Evelyn, came out with Cassie and my sister and Hee Ann drove out too.

It was so nice in the morning to look out to the woods and see a family of deer. On Wednesday, we had to stop the car to let about a dozen turkey cross the road. It was a very peaceful setting to gather the family. My dad lost his wife right before Thanksgiving last year so it was good that we could all be together and create happy memories in his new home. Cassie said the blessing which was simply beautiful. I felt so Thankful to be in the midst of this loving family.

The big news of the day is that Margee Liz is going to be a big sister. It was a joyous announcement.

Ben brought a Pumpkin Pie that he made at work and made the gravy. TJ made her famous mashed potatoes. Dad made the turkey. TJ and I made cornbread stuffing. I also made the Autumn Salad from Moosewood Celebrates and green beans with lemon, garlic and salt. Hee Ann commented that everything was homemade - his family just opens a can of gravy. Of course, we had the canned cranberry sauce.



Autumn Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing

SALAD
Salad Greens
Grapes
Fennel
Red Onion
Goat Cheese
Apple
Walnuts

DRESSING: (BTW this is my new absolute favorite dressing)

3T Maple Syrup
1 1/2T Dijon Mustard
6T Cider Vinegar
1 1/2T EVOO
Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper

No comments: